Yoga has become a very common practice in society. Given the level of stress that is endured in a normal working day, it is not surprising that these beneficial techniques have more presence every time, since our health and mental balance are positively affected.
If you look closely, in a healthy and balanced body it is easier to find a clean mind and a more open heart and close to those around us. That is why yoga is so important, because it greatly improves the spiritual balance of those who practice it.
What is yoga?
Yoga is an ancient practice whose meaning has to do with union, an act of joining. The term from Sanskrit, the original language, is literally “tie together.”
Since time immemorial it has been practiced and has evolved a lot to this day. However, it is still an art capable of reaching the soul of humans and improving their attitude and quality of life.
Originally, yoga begins its steps in what we now know as India, but its ability to enter people’s lives and give balance and mental and physical health has led to it being exported all over the world, reaching every corner of the world. planet.
Therefore, yoga incorporates mental and physical exercises that help to find balance, managing to change the way we see the world around us, providing great vital improvements.
In addition, yoga also brings great spiritual value, achieving in the process enormous self-knowledge along with excellent health improvement and great inner peace.
“I have been a seeker and still am, but I stopped looking into books and stars and started listening to the teachings of my soul.”
Yoga and health benefits
Given the many benefits that yoga offers for mental balance, inner peace, the fight against stress and the improvement of vital conditions, let’s now know what are the advantages it brings to our health.
- The practice of yoga on a regular basis allows us to tone our body, improving and strengthening the muscles, a fact that increases resistance and flexibility.
- In addition, yoga allows an adequate increase and conduction of the energy of the human body, which achieves great relaxation and an enormous capacity for concentration.
- Yoga techniques help calm the nervous system. This allows the body to be more relaxed, healthy and responsive.
- Yoga also allows the bones of the human body to be strengthened thanks to the movements and positions that must be adopted. In fact, it is a highly recommended practice for people like spinal problems like hernia.
- Since yoga relaxes the nervous system, it allows you to fall asleep better, allowing you to sleep more peacefully at night. This causes our body to be more rested, so it recovers more energy. In addition, rest is excellent for the mind, which will thus be more lucid and attentive.
- Of course, given the chain of beneficial effects that yoga provides to our body, stress is also fought by relaxing the nervous system, you sleep better, so you are calmer and more relaxed and, of course, speed up mind, which is more awake, active and productive, which slows the possible appearance of memory problems.
- As we said before, since yoga postures manage to strengthen the bone apparatus, and also make the muscles more flexible, and it will be possible to obtain greater mobility of the body, which is excellent for day-to-day practices.
- The relaxation of the nervous system thanks to this practice allows many other beneficial effects. For example, the drop in blood pressure and heart rate, which obviously helps protect and strengthen the heart.
- If you are one of those people who want to have a good figure, yoga is the indicated practice. You exercise, you make your muscles more flexible, you activate your mind. Your body will be more proactive, and even yoga improves the frequency and quality of sexual intercourse, which is still a more associated exercise.
- Since in yoga you have to breathe deeply on many occasions, lung capacity is also positively affected with these exercises.
- Last but not least, yoga causes the release of endorphins, so the feeling of pleasure and well-being is enormous, and it will accompany you throughout the day after your practice.
The benefits of yoga
The great benefits of this discipline are evident. Since our body is a perfectly oiled machine in which everything is related, this practice causes a series of beneficial reactions that improve the quality of life of any person.
In addition, yoga causes an excellent spiritual and personal balance, so not only your body will thank you for these exercises, but also your own spirit, because your life will be fuller and happier.
“Your task is not to search for love, but simply to search and find all the barriers that you have built within yourself.”
Meditation can renew your brain in 8 weeks
Meditation can transform our brain in 8 weeks. The areas that it seems to modify are those related to memory, empathy and stress, as well as those related to attention and emotional integration.